We keep your collected data in our Cloud Service.
GIS4Mobile Cloud Service'n is a secured web server with associated databases, which are hosted in a secure and reliable environment.
With GIS4Mobile everyone is using the same app to work with georrelated data. By use of configurations (user profiles), each user has his own functionality, etc.
The GIS4Mobile Cloud contains:
Data storage - cards and records.
- Data collected by mobile users and data displayed to mobile users are stored in databases on GIS4Mobile Cloud Service.
- Setting up and storing user profiles, incl. access to maps and data.
Security and monitoring.
- Jobs are running that ensure backup, ensure logging of activity and errors, and monitor the operation.
- This is the web page where collected data can be viewed on a map and downloaded in various formats.
Data is stored in databases with time stamps: when the object is first registered, and latest change to the object. The timestamps are added when the registration is saved in the database. In the databases, full history of changes are stored in separate tables, so that it is possible to go back and inspect a previous state. GIS4Mobile can help with access to history data, just as it is possible to undo deletions and updates.
Security and monitoring
At the GIS4Mobile Cloud service, data is secured with the highest level of data security.
In addition, data is backed up daily.
GIS4Mobile employees continuously monitor system operation. If problems with data are detected, contact the user if needed.
User profiles control how users view, and work with, maps and data.
You create user files using the Config.gis4mobile.com web site.
NOTE NEW!! With our new tool for designing forms for data collection, it has become even easier to setup how data collection should work.
Please note you need to create a user via your email address. Company customers can then associate their admin login so they can maintain all user profiles using My.gis4mobile.com
User profile controls:
- What maps the user sees as a background map.
- What data the user can work with and how.
- What other features the user should have access to.
An organization typically has a number of user profiles, one for each task.
Control user's access to data
The user's access to data can be restricted in several ways.
- Data may be read-only, so information can be viewed but not changed.
- Certain fields in the attributes can be hidden for users.
- Users can be restricted to correct and register near the GPS position.
- Users can also be prevented from moving registrations, so attributes and images can only be corrected .
Methods of registration
The form that users see when registering data is configured using Config.gis4mobile.com.
There are several ways to let the user record as accurate data as possible.
How the user sees data
The user sees data as points, lines or polygon, on the top of the background map.
Data is displayed with colors and possibly labels.
Colors and labels can be controlled by attributes so that an objects colors changes when its data changes.
This is often used to display objects (trees, wells, fire hydrants) in red until periodic supervision is performed.